AOSP directory setup

Abhilash Mb
Hi All,

What is the best way to work with AOSP directory ?

I was able to configure the gen file under "development/tools/idegen/idegen.sh" and open the .ipr file into my android studio, but its running very slow and gets hanged sometimes.

How do we import the apps under packages properly onto the the android studio without any dependency error and make changes to the system apps (settings, calender, launcher etc) ?

Although after making necessary changes I compile the build and run it on the emulator via command line.

Any help of guide is much appreciated.

Thanks