Android Emulator

Saurabh Kumar
Hi,

I am looking for the source code of Android Emulator so that I can use it and modify as per our need. But when I am downloading complete AOSP, I am not getting the source of Android Emulator. After Searching a while on internet, I came to know that for emulator code, I need to download android-studio code. But after downloading Android-studio, even in this I am not able to get the same.

 So can anyone guide me, from where I can get the source code of android emulator and build it on my local machine.

Thank You.

Re: Android Emulator

Satish Patel

On Thu, Jun 21, 2018 at 4:19 PM, Saurabh Kumar <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

I am looking for the source code of Android Emulator so that I can use it and modify as per our need. But when I am downloading complete AOSP, I am not getting the source of Android Emulator. After Searching a while on internet, I came to know that for emulator code, I need to download android-studio code. But after downloading Android-studio, even in this I am not able to get the same.
​AOSP has prebuilt emulator code
prebuilts/android-emulator/linux-x86_64/emulator

if you want to build your own then you might want to look at

But not sure on how latest and stable it is w.r.t new AOSP 8.1.x tag

 So can anyone guide me, from where I can get the source code of android emulator and build it on my local machine.

Thank You.

satish patel