App touch input is delayed compared to Show Taps

App touch input is delayed compared to Show Taps

Curi0
I've enabled "Show Taps" in developer options and the touch input apps receive is delayed compared to the white circle. Here's a screenshot showing it with AOSP's TouchLatency tool but it happens with other apps too.

Screenshot_20200717-222406862.jpg

I thought it would be the touch resampler causing it so I disabled it with "ro.input.resampling=0" but that didn't improve it. Any idea what's the source of this added touch latency ?