Blank screen between kernel logo and boot animation?

Blank screen between kernel logo and boot animation?

Lei S
Hi everyone,

I have an NXP imx8m mini with aosp (Android 9.0). During the boot process, there's a noticeable period of a blank screen (~2s) between the end of the Linux kernel logo and the Android boot animation (or just the Android picture). From online sources I read, this is the initialization stage of many services and the screen is being re-initialized. So, is there a way I can reduce/eliminate this gap by either keeping the kernel logo or reducing the time?

thanks

Blank screen between kernel logo and boot animation?

Shashank
Worth to check that kernel display driver is not resetting during late init.

Re: Blank screen between kernel logo and boot animation?

Lei S
Can you tell me how to do that? I couldn't find any guide or information online. Thanks