CMake 3.16

Steven Haggerty
Hi there,

Any chance the next release could use v3.16 of CMake please?

3.16 introduces the precompiled headers facility. The lack of this is really hurting us when using  android studio. It's actually quicker to compile our cross platform engine on an old i5 Mac mini because XCode has PCH support than on my 8 core PC.

Many thanks,

Steve.

Re: CMake 3.16

Steven Haggerty
Not to worry, I've managed it myself.

No precompiled headers : 1m 22.
Cmake 3.19 precompiled headers : 36 seconds.

Need to be aware of some issues if your codebase consists of both C and C++.

Steve.

On Friday, 29 January 2021 at 15:55:24 UTC Steven Haggerty wrote:
Hi there,

Any chance the next release could use v3.16 of CMake please?

3.16 introduces the precompiled headers facility. The lack of this is really hurting us when usingĀ  android studio. It's actually quicker to compile our cross platform engine on an old i5 Mac mini because XCode has PCH support than on my 8 core PC.

Many thanks,

Steve.