Custom system service in Android in 2019

Custom system service in Android in 2019

Parmeshwar C
I am new to AOSP and looking for creating system service in android. Flow of application will be :- Android application -> system service -> JNI -> HAL

I want to test this service in android studio in emulator or device before deploying it in AOSP also. Is there any way to do it.

Please suggest good tutorial or book as I am already going through Karim YaghMour's Embedded android book.

Re: Custom system service in Android in 2019

Satish Patel

On Tue, Jul 16, 2019 at 12:55 AM Parmeshwar C <[hidden email]> wrote:
I am new to AOSP and looking for creating system service in android. Flow of application will be :- Android application -> system service -> JNI -> HAL

If you are already building AOSP code, then you can validate your app with AOSP build only. In order to use your custom service with Android Studio. You need to create SDK add on package for your additional service
ref#

I want to test this service in android studio in emulator or device before deploying it in AOSP also. Is there any way to do it.

Please suggest good tutorial or book as I am already going through Karim YaghMour's Embedded android book.

satish patel