Customizing Pre-setup of GTVS fails to overwrite original Pre-setup UI after Android P

Customizing Pre-setup of GTVS fails to overwrite original Pre-setup UI after Android P

Rex Wang
Hi there,

I tried to replace the Pre-setup UI as shown in the attached image, which is used for pairing bluetooth remote control, with our apk. Our apk does appear before the original Pre-setup UI, but after our apk finish it task, the original Pre-setup UI still appears. This is not what we want. How can we prevent the original Pre-setup UI appearing?

We have followed the following 2 Google's rule:
(1) Defining "<action android:name="com.android.setupwizard.action.HOOK_BEGIN" />" in MainActivity.java in our apk
(2) Ending our program with "setResult(Activity.RESULT_OK)".

Best regards,
Rex

<a imageanchor="1" href="about:invalid#zClosurez" style="clear: left; margin-bottom: 1em; float: left; margin-right: 1em;">

M3.jpg (11K) Download Attachment