Disabling/removing proxy(WiFi) in Android AOSP, 5.1 version

Disabling/removing proxy(WiFi) in Android AOSP, 5.1 version

say sai
Hi All,

       I am new to AOSP and Android platform. We are using MTK based chipset with Android 5.1 version.  I have a task to disable/remove the proxy option when we use WiFi -> tap on SSID -> Modify network -> Tap Manual settings -> Modify proxy. Does the disabling "policylab_setGlobalProxy" flag in strings.xml has any effect on this feature? Please provide some pointers to disable or atleast gray out the proxy from UI.

Thanks,
Sai