Dividing Screen in two parts

rohan-2
How can i divide my screen in two parts so that i can use a scroll in upper part and a static buttons in lower parts

upper part contains total screen containing some views and lower part contains just static buttons

i am using android 2.3.3 ....and new learner..so plz help me out...

Thanks in advance....