Enable QuickBoot on CyanogenMod ROM 12.0 and 12.1

Enable QuickBoot on CyanogenMod ROM 12.0 and 12.1

Prakash Shetty

Enable QuickBoot on CyanogenMod ROM 12.0 and 12.1 #CyanogenMod #CM #Android #OnePlus

QuickBoot is a Cyanogen OS feature developed by Qualcomm and Cyanogen for OnePlue One.
The goal is to reduce the boot-up time drastically by altering the shutdown / boot-up sequence.

See QuickBoot in action :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWAvPwZDXKM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aHaZSY_yad4

Rather than turning down the device completely,
QuickBoot turns the device into Airplane mode, kills the applications, disables notification and button reactions, similar to how Windows 8 does.
Note that "reboot" actions remains normal, meaning the device will go into full shutdown / restart on reboot actions.

/* Installation */

1. Download QuickBoot.zip from XDA attachments section
2. Flash the downloaded zip file from the recovery
3. Enable QuickBoot from Developers options

http://forum.xda-developers.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=3261717&d=1429011600

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/indian-android/CADmvDTxJrWyazm6qwpbCBnaAK_rB2H2r%2BdLc4ahKz-C41t2Fgg%40mail.gmail.com.