HID USB HOST device Android sdk not listed

HID USB HOST device Android sdk not listed

Tarik Guelzim
Hello,

At my company, we are attempting to use the USB HOST android API (platform 15)  to interface with a USB HID token device. We are so far not able to list the HID device using the android API although we see it in the Linux kernel info (dmesg).

Are there any specific steps required to enable listing HID devices in the android sdk?
Is it necessary, to go by the native solution. NDK r8?
would there be any future support for these features in future SDK versions?

We are however able to list USB drive (storage) and Omnikey smart card readers (ccid driver) in the Android SDK

Our development platform:
Android SDK API level 15 (4.0.3)
Galaxy Tab 2 (5100)

With kind regards,