Hardware scaling, OpenGL and NativeActivity

Hardware scaling, OpenGL and NativeActivity

David Given
We're trying to run an app on a device whose native screen size is
1080p. Unfortunately, the device's 3D chipset isn't really good enough
for a decent frame rate at this size.

What we'd much prefer to do is the render at 720p and then do hardware
accelerated upscaling to fill the screen.

I know Android can do this automatically with 2D content (using
ANativeWindow_lock() and friends). Is there any way to do this for 3D
content as well? Or is my only option here to render to an off-screen
buffer and then manually scale up the buffer when we want to draw a frame?

--
┌─── dg@cowlark.com ───── http://www.cowlark.com ─────
│ "There is nothing in the world so dangerous --- and I mean *nothing*