How to create stable AIDL interface in Android 11 release version

How to create stable AIDL interface in Android 11 release version

Yue Xu
Hi,
I'm trying to create a stable AIDL interface for a new service from scratch following this documentation: https://source.android.com/devices/architecture/aidl/stable-aidl.

I'm working in an Android 11 release checkout.
I have something like this in Android.bp:
```
aidl_interface {
   name: "foo",
   stability: "vintf",
   srcs: [
      "IFoo.aidl",
   ],
}
```
And I want to freeze the API to create a first version. If I run 'foo-freeze-api', I have this error: `module "foo_interface": versions: must be set \(need to be frozen\) when "unstable" is false and PLATFORM_VERSION_CODENAME is REL`. (This is actually a test case from 'aidl_test.go'.) But the problem is I don't have any frozen versions yet and I'm trying to create one. And I have `PLATFORM_VERSION_CODENAME=REL`. Why the restriction? Does this mean I can't use stable AIDL in release? How can I make this work?

Thanks.