How to identify which Tests to run for a code change

How to identify which Tests to run for a code change

srinivas kumar
Hi all,

I noticed that gerrits coming from Google have a field "Test: <name of test to be run>: in the commit message.

I'm interested in knowing how they know what test to run.
For eg: in CTS for Android 11 there are over 800 modules. If I make some changes to AOSP I can probably make a guess as to what modules from CTS make sense based on the name of the module, but I want to know if there's an automated way or script to know exactly what modules to run to identify potential regressions based on the files I have altered as part of my current change.

Thanks,
Sri