How to integrate the RBE in latest Android master

How to integrate the RBE in latest Android master

Yun Ma-2
Hi Android Building Group,

We'd like to use RBE to speed up our Android build. I try to setup the bazel remote-cache locally and seem like the Android RBE tool fail to connect with this local remote-cache docker.

Does anyone know how does prebuilts/remoteexecution-client/ config to work with remote-cache? Or how to setup such remote-cache server for Android build?

Thanks
Yun

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/android-building/ca5a4371-49f3-452e-b9f5-80749f47a37a%40googlegroups.com.

Re: How to integrate the RBE in latest Android master

Joe Hicks
Hi Yun,

I am the Product Manager for RBE and Build at Google. I will follow up with you directly.

Thanks,

Joe

On Wednesday, May 13, 2020 at 3:24:48 PM UTC-4 Yun Ma wrote:
Hi Android Building Group,

We'd like to use RBE to speed up our Android build. I try to setup the bazel remote-cache locally and seem like the Android RBE tool fail to connect with this local remote-cache docker.

Does anyone know how does prebuilts/remoteexecution-client/ config to work with remote-cache? Or how to setup such remote-cache server for Android build?

Thanks
Yun

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/android-building/b1fb5ffd-be03-4299-81ea-daa4d33497e0%40googlegroups.com.

Re: How to integrate the RBE in latest Android master

贺小帅解说
I had the same problem

How to  build a remote service?

I need help

在2020年5月14日星期四 UTC+8 上午4:04:02<Joe Hicks> 写道:
Hi Yun,

I am the Product Manager for RBE and Build at Google. I will follow up with you directly.

Thanks,

Joe

On Wednesday, May 13, 2020 at 3:24:48 PM UTC-4 Yun Ma wrote:
Hi Android Building Group,

We'd like to use RBE to speed up our Android build. I try to setup the bazel remote-cache locally and seem like the Android RBE tool fail to connect with this local remote-cache docker.

Does anyone know how does prebuilts/remoteexecution-client/ config to work with remote-cache? Or how to setup such remote-cache server for Android build?

Thanks
Yun

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/android-building/310281a2-76f6-452a-9fdf-5eb021a699d9n%40googlegroups.com.

Re: How to integrate the RBE in latest Android master

Ulf Adams
Hi,

What kind of remote service are you looking for? Remote caching? Remote execution? Do you have specific build time targets you're trying to achieve?

Thanks,

-- Ulf

EngFlow GmbH
Fischerweg 51, 82194 Gröbenzell, Germany
Amtsgericht München, HRB 255664
Geschäftsführer (Managing Director): Ulf Adams

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/android-building/CAHUnK-2Afpbv61oVQ4vHs7OBJ8Ot%2BXreU%3DfLEhuhekegg4ceWg%40mail.gmail.com.