How to set an application as device owner in Android TV

How to set an application as device owner in Android TV

Shreyash Mohta
Hi Guys,

I did alot of research and found out that

1) To make an app a device owner in the mobile phone we can use the adb command

adb shell dpm set-device-owner com.android.kioskexample/.AdminReceiver

2) To make an app a device owner, if we run that app on Android TV

We have to customised AOSP code by :
1) Creating 2 files device_owner.xml and device_policies.xml
2) Copy those files in /system directory of AOSP build and then copy those files in /data/system by modifying init.rc file

But this method is not working for me.

Can you please help me in this regard?