How to start contributing to the android project?

How to start contributing to the android project?

Alejandro Alcalde
Hi, I'm interested in learn how to contribute to the Android code, I know there are mailing lists (http://source.android.com/community/index.html). I'm interested in android-building , android-porting, android-contrib and android-kernel but the problem is that I don't know where to start. ┬┐Where could I find resources (books, webs etc) that let me acquire enough knowledge to start to collaborate?

Thank you very much in advance.

Regards.