How to use “gdbclient.py”?

Olivier L

I would like to start GDB to do step by step debugging in NFC Service. In “adb shell”, I have looked at the PID of “com.android.nfc” but, when I call:

gdbclient.py -p 4257

 I get the error: "unable to connect to device."

In the logcat, I see:

12-03 09:00:53.022   923   923 E adbd    : failed to connect to socket 'localfilesystem:/data/local/tmp/debug_socket': Permission denied

This is the first time that I use the new scrypt “gdbclient.py”. One year ago, I have done some debugging with the former command “gdbclient” and I didn’t get such error. Did I miss something?

Thanks

gdbclient.py -p 4257

WARNING
:root:Couldn't find local unstripped executable in /local/android_source/out/target/product/blueline/symbols, symbols may not be available.

Redirecting gdbserver output to /tmp/gdbclient.log

GNU gdb (GDB) 7.11

There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law.  Type "show copying"

and "show warranty" for details.

This GDB was configured as "x86_64-linux-gnu".

<http://www.gnu.org/software/gdb/documentation/>.

For help, type "help".

Type "apropos word" to search for commands related to "word".

Error: unable to connect to device.

Remote communication error.  Target disconnected.: Connection reset by peer.

(gdb)