I am unable to execute database related examples in android

I am unable to execute database related examples in android

shivaprakash

HI all

I am shivaprakash. And I am new to the android application development environment. I am using internet for learning android, most of the things I learned about android through net. But I have some problem as bellow.

1.       I am unable to execute database related examples in my android application, for developing android I am using eclipse.

2.       I don’t know how to work with SQL Lite using eclipse.

3.       Can I download SQL lite and install it on my pc?

4.       Instead of SQL Lite database, can we use Oracle, or MySql database. And, if suppose I used oracle but how to configure it and how it useful to other users.

5.       Please can anybody help to resolve my problems.

Regards

                Shivaprakash

Re: I am unable to execute database related examples in android

srinuvasareddy avula
Hi Shivaprakash,

                   please find the answers in red color and i will explain simple SQLIte Example.

     1.Create a data base file.
         db=this.openorcreatedatabase(path,mode,null);
      2.create a table
          db.execSQL(create table table_name(sid int,sname varchar);
      3.inserting data into a table
           db.execSQL("insert into table_name values(100,sri);
      4.executing queries
      5.close the database connection

please find the tutorial

http://saigeethamn.blogspot.in/2009/10/android-developer-tutorial-part-12.html

Thanks
Srinivas..

On Fri, Dec 14, 2012 at 5:28 PM, shivaprakash <[hidden email]> wrote:

HI all

I am shivaprakash. And I am new to the android application development environment. I am using internet for learning android, most of the things I learned about android through net. But I have some problem as bellow.

1.       I am unable to execute database related examples in my android application, for developing android I am using eclipse.

         --if ur asking the about the executing sqlite queries...we can use adb shell or SQlite browser..

2.       I don’t know how to work with SQL Lite using eclipse.

      --  i will explain the steps

3.       Can I download SQL lite and install it on my pc?

       -- no  need to install the sq lite just it is API android.database.sqlite.SQLiteDatabase

4.       Instead of SQL Lite database, can we use Oracle, or MySql database. And, if suppose I used oracle but how to configure it and how it useful to other users.

    --i don't know

5.       Please can anybody help to resolve my problems.

   i will explain the steps and please read tutorial and download example run it..

Regards

                Shivaprakash

srinivas