Including Java-library not in .dex file

Florian H.

I have some questions on using a lgpl library in my android app:

Having a C/C++ lgpl library using the NDK might be the solution - but is there something similar to the NDK for Java-libraries?
  1. Is it possible to have the library anywhere else in my apk - not in the .dex-file?
  2. If I create a service in the same project, is the service within the .dex-file?
  3. Can android apps consist of more than one .dex-file in the apk?
  4. Is there a way to automatically install another apk during installation (without asking the user/without searching it first)?

Thanks, Florian

Re: Including Java-library not in .dex file

Andy McFadden
On Dec 5, 1:25 am, "Florian H." <[hidden email]> wrote:
>    1. Is it possible to have the library anywhere else in my apk - not in
>    the .dex-file?
>    2. If I create a service in the same project, is the service within the
>    .dex-file?
>    3. Can android apps consist of more than one .dex-file in the apk?
>    4. Is there a way to automatically install another apk during
>    installation (without asking the user/without searching it first)?

You can use a DexClassLoader to load classes from DEX files other than
the primary classes.dex in the APK.

http://developer.android.com/reference/dalvik/system/DexClassLoader.html