NDK r22 release schedule

Matt Jaeger
Hi all,

I am in the process of updating my build environment, and see that NDK r22 was scheduled to release on 12/9. I was just hoping to get an update about whether this is still on track so I can decide whether to wait for the release or not.

Cheers,
Matt

Re: NDK r22 release schedule

Dan Albert
We're not on track to release yesterday, no :)

Our Mac build infrastructure has been having issues this week so we've been unable to cut a build. If we can't get a build out and have QA sign off by noon (US Pacific) on Monday we're going to push the release to early next year. It's a frustrating result for us as well, but with holidays approaching folks are going to be taking time off and we don't want to ship without having people around to respond to feedback. I've updated the wiki to note the delay.

As far as what you can do in the meantime, aside from some configuration changes (changing the version number, removing bits that identify it as a pre-release, etc) the RC is the same as the final build. If you're working well with r22 RC1 it should be a trivial change to update to r22 stable when it ships.