No change in the output directory for .mk file PRODUCT_COPY_FILES

No change in the output directory for .mk file PRODUCT_COPY_FILES

Dave McLaughlin
I have the following in the device.mk file for the build.

PRODUCT_TYPE := jartester

# kernel
PRODUCT_COPY_FILES += \
$(LOCAL_PATH)/boot/uImage:boot/uImage

PRODUCT_COPY_FILES += \
$(LOCAL_PATH)/boot/battery.bmp:boot/battery.bmp \
$(LOCAL_PATH)/boot/update.bmp:boot/update.bmp

ifeq ($(PRODUCT_TYPE),jartester)
PRODUCT_COPY_FILES += \
$(LOCAL_PATH)/boot/logoport.bmp:boot/logo.bmp
else
PRODUCT_COPY_FILES += \
$(LOCAL_PATH)/boot/logoland.bmp:boot/logo.bmp
endif

The issue is that when I monitor the out directory, the file never changes from the current landscape logo the portrait version. If I manually delete the file, it works. It seems to be related to the fact that if a file already exists, it is not updated.

Is there a way to force the copy to always copy the files? I have a number of files like this that need to be selected based on the build and I don't want to have to do a clean and rebuild each time. I could of course just run a script file to delete them prior to building but I am hoping there is another way to force the output.