Question regarding "sdcard_r” has been removed for “drmserver” on Android 4.2.X

Question regarding "sdcard_r” has been removed for “drmserver” on Android 4.2.X

Bing
Hi,

I am trying to implement the DRMPlugIn on Android 4.2.X and I found that the permission “sdcard_r”(read sdcard) has been removed for “drmserver” on Android 4.2.X. DRMPlugIn is running in “drmserver” process so it doesn’t have the permission to access the sdcard as well.

But some interface in DRMPlugIn contains parameter “String8* path” which I think should be the path for content and it is very possible that the content is on sdcard.

So why “sdcard_r” is removed for “drmserver” on Android 4.2.X? What the parameter “path” in DRMPlugIn interface is used for if  DRMPlugIn can’t access sdcard? How can I access file on sdcard using “drmserver” process?

Could someone help to provide some information?

Thanks&Regards,
Bing