Re: Port Bionic to a new CPU

ghalib khan
Hello Ouyang Jiannan,

                 This is ghalib khan a senior software engineer,  started working on android porting to RISC-V, can you help in porting android to new platform RISC-V, i think you are working with RISC but still wan't to know porting thinks, am new in porting line.

Thanks in advance.
Ghalib khan c.

On Wednesday, July 22, 2009 at 2:39:40 PM UTC+5:30 Ouyang Jiannan wrote:
Thanks for your reply
Now, our team has port linux kernel, gcc, glibc, binutils to our cpu, these are tools I'm using

On Wed, Jul 22, 2009 at 3:05 PM, Neo <[hidden email]> wrote:

On Jul 18, 8:34 pm, Jallen <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi, everybody!
>
> I'm a newbee of android development~ Recently, I'm involved in a
> project of porting android to a new CPU which uses RISC. And my task
> is the bionic part.
>
> Now I'm still puzzled by which files are involved in the arch-related
> part. I'm planning to follow the arm way to accomplish the task.
> Tranlate all .S and .h files in the Arch-arm or Arm directories. I
> don't know whether it will works...
>
> So, would someone who has similar experiences provide me some guide,
> like useful links or key words.
>
> Thank you!
> Jallen.o.y

The best though fraught with dangers is to compile both the kernel and
android with the tool chain which supports your cpu.

Re: Port Bionic to a new CPU

Chen Wang
hello, Jallen
I find this old email from out of this group, how about your progress? I wonder what's the risc chip you were working with? Because I'm studying how to port android to RISC-v.

在2009年7月18日星期六 UTC+8 下午11:34:24<Jallen> 写道:
Hi, everybody!

I'm a newbee of android development~ Recently, I'm involved in a
project of porting android to a new CPU which uses RISC. And my task
is the bionic part.

Now I'm still puzzled by which files are involved in the arch-related
part. I'm planning to follow the arm way to accomplish the task.
Tranlate all .S and .h files in the Arch-arm or Arm directories. I
don't know whether it will works...

So, would someone who has similar experiences provide me some guide,
like useful links or key words.

Thank you!
Jallen.o.y

Re: Port Bionic to a new CPU

Notur Business
I can't give you a list of commands.  But clang can compile to a target without use of multiple computers.  However:  news I heard is that compiling Linux Kernel for an unsupported architecture is NOT SIMPLE.  If one of the known good architectures covers "many but not more" for your target CPU your luck.  If not, it is "not supposed to be easy".

You should know you compile linux with target processor.  Then the whole tool chain the same.  Then assemble a (likely bootable usb), and boot the device with that USB.  Then also, if your serious, you would configure the kernel for remote debugging if you have that need (say, serial?)

that's all very simple stuff.  i hope i'm not repeating things people didn't need to hear.