Regarding support for 3D Facial authentication to app via biometric apis

Regarding support for 3D Facial authentication to app via biometric apis

Bunty syed
Currently Android supports finngerprint  authentication

Now android phones are coming with faceid recognition to unlock and we want to extend support for this to the apps

The Android P  includes a BiometricPrompt API which can be used for face, iris, or in-display fingerprint biometrics.

We have implemented new biometric apis in the app and they are working perfectly fine for fingerprint authentication. we are able to show fingerprint authentication prompt and also getting callback on error and success

However same apis are not working with 3D facial recognition meaning it is not opening the prompt for facial recognition via app. we tried it on google pixel 2

Can somebody please confirm how this 3D facial recognition and authentication works with new biometric apis