Stop “Ethernet-service” from system server AOSP

Stop “Ethernet-service” from system server AOSP

Viraj Mistry

am working on a problem where i need to stop Java based ethernet service which is started by system server and need to get IP from native DHCP client.

So far i have done following steps.

  1. Removed the code from where the service (com.android.server.ethernet.EthernetService) is being started by system server from file (SystemServer.java). Still System server is going to start the ethernet service. I can see line from logcat that "I SystemServiceManager: Starting com.android.server.ethernet.EthernetService".
  2. Then along with step-1, i have also commented the "ethernet-service" from PRODUCT_PACKAGES & PRODUCT_SYSTEM_SERVER_JARS from core_minimal.mk file of AOSP ( build/target/product). Somehow i manage to stop the ethernet-service being loaded by system server but my android crash. It does not mount the file system fully. I believe due to dependency on other it crashed.( Though logs are still coming that system server is loading ethernet-server but due to missing ethernet-service class it is failing)

I need stop Ethernet service being loaded by system server. Please help me on this issue.