Support for non Bluedroid compatible BT chipsets in android 4.2

Support for non Bluedroid compatible BT chipsets in android 4.2

scanno
Hi,
We have an old tegra2 device that has a ar6002 WiFi/BT chipset. BT was working pretty well with the BlueZ stack on android 4.1. Since there will not be any support for the ar6002 chipset with regards to bluedroid, is there a way to make this chipset work?
One of the people I work with wrote thefollowing:

Bluedroid was written by Broadcom, so, as you could imagine, there is essentially no support on it for other bluetooth solutions, such as all CSR chips out there (that use a USART protocol called BCSP). BCSP is the BlueChip Serial protocol, and it is used by some bluetooth chipsets such as the one the Shuttle is using.. :(  ..
The stack supports an older protocol called H4, that is the one used by Broadcom. Even worse, in the original Bluez stack, the Bluetooth protocol (BCSP, or H4, or...) was / is implemented in kernel space, and also the power management of the chip, but in the new stack (Bluedroid), all the UART protocols are implemented in the stack itself... So, the bluetooth UART protocol implemented in kernel is not used at all...
 There is some things missing in the bt stack (BT4.0 can't be enabled, as there are missing files!) .. What i fear is that this is a move to favour Broadcom some way.... Implementing their chip solutions is straightforward, but implementing all the other bluetooth chipsets usually requires reimplementing a lot of the stack code... I guess Broadcom even will license the complete stack, instead of the incomplete one we are given through AOSP to those manufacturers that use their chips...