To Enable recovery mode gui options for firmware upgrade in recovery mode for Android

To Enable recovery mode gui options for firmware upgrade in recovery mode for Android

mahek.delawala
Hello Team,

We are using APQ8053 Platform and using Android Nougat as OS.
For upgrading the Firmware, we are first pushing the OTA Package into the android device. After Pushing the package and proceeding with Firmware Upgrade Procces,  when the device enters in to the recovery mode, it does not show any GUI options for android recovery options like "update from SD card", "reboot system now", "wipe data/factory reset", "update from cache" .

My device is going into recovery mode and is updating the Firmware but it does not ask for the above GUI options. What changes shall I need to make in my source code so that I am able to get above options during Firmware Update Process ? I will be using Volume UP/Down Key and Power Key for navigating and selecting the option.

Thank you.

Re: To Enable recovery mode gui options for firmware upgrade in recovery mode for Android

Satish Patel
Hi Mahek,

on OTA update ideally it should not show any GUI option on recovery mode. It simply read from /cache/recovery/command and run the instruction from there.
Updater app write that file with the instruction to be performed on recovery mode boot

--
satish

On Fri, Nov 30, 2018 at 3:49 AM <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello Team,

We are using APQ8053 Platform and using Android Nougat as OS.
For upgrading the Firmware, we are first pushing the OTA Package into the android device. After Pushing the package and proceeding with Firmware Upgrade Procces,  when the device enters in to the recovery mode, it does not show any GUI options for android recovery options like "update from SD card", "reboot system now", "wipe data/factory reset", "update from cache" .

My device is going into recovery mode and is updating the Firmware but it does not ask for the above GUI options. What changes shall I need to make in my source code so that I am able to get above options during Firmware Update Process ? I will be using Volume UP/Down Key and Power Key for navigating and selecting the option.

Thank you.

satish patel