Using ALSA libraries in aosp

Rajat Majoka
I tried using aplay ,arecord and alsaloop on my ubuntu and it worked but now I am using Android open source project (AOSP) android version 11 and i am building a platform app in aosp .So i want to use ALSA binary files like aplay arecord or alsaloop, does somebody knows how to do that?

https://sysplay.in/blog/linux/2019/06/playing-with-alsa-loopback-devices/
I was using ALSA loopback inside ubuntu using the above link.
Thanks

Re: Using ALSA libraries in aosp

Aaron Sinclair
Hey Rajat,

You might want to check out tinyalsa (https://github.com/tinyalsa/tinyalsa) which looks like it has a tool called tinyplay (like aplay) and has support for a loopback device.  It has support for Android.

Good luck!

On Dec 30, 2020, at 3:15 AM, Rajat Majoka <[hidden email]> wrote:

I tried using aplay ,arecord and alsaloop on my ubuntu and it worked but now I am using Android open source project (AOSP) android version 11 and i am building a platform app in aosp .So i want to use ALSA binary files like aplay arecord or alsaloop, does somebody knows how to do that?

https://sysplay.in/blog/linux/2019/06/playing-with-alsa-loopback-devices/
I was using ALSA loopback inside ubuntu using the above link.
Thanks

回复:Using ALSA libraries in aosp

啊源股
in android system, you can use tinycap to record sound, tinyplay to play sound, tinymix to config codec.
source code is in external/tinyalsa/

Re: Using ALSA libraries in aosp

Hassan Ougharri

في الأربعاء، 6 يناير 2021 5:22 م 啊源股 <[hidden email]> كتب: