Using adeb (or similar) in Android emulator

Using adeb (or similar) in Android emulator

Aaron Sinclair
Hey all - I'm doing some hacking on AOSP and I'm trying to install adeb on the emulator without much success.

What we're trying to do is work with eBPF and to make life easier we'd like to install some tools to inspect state & take some dumps.  But it seems like the adeb installer doesn't work with the emulator.  I also notice that adeb was part of platform/external but was removed a few months ago so I assume it might be deprecated or no longer maintained?

Is running adeb in the emulator supported, if so is there any magic to getting this to work?  If not, is there a method other than moving the printk line down the source & seeing where it stops? :)

Thanks in advance!
Aaron