Want to add bootanimation in AOSP source code

Want to add bootanimation in AOSP source code

Semw
Hello everybody
I am trying to add my custom bootanimation in aosp. I know how to add bootanimation from adb and I have added through this process but now I want to add bootanimation in source code.
I want my build images to have added bootanimation in code. I searched alot but could not find relevant information. Any one know how to do this ?
I shall be thankful to your help

Re: Want to add bootanimation in AOSP source code

Dave McLaughlin
Which Android OS are you targetting?

I think for most you just have to upload the required bootanimation.zip to the correct place from your .mk files. In my Android 8.1 build, this is copied to /oem/media/bootanimation.zipĀ

If you look in the bootanimation source there should be a directory that this looks in for any custom boot animation otherwise it uses whatever default is present.