What controls Bluetooth adapter power state in Bluedroid stack?

What controls Bluetooth adapter power state in Bluedroid stack?

Rohan Martin
In 4.0/4.1 there was:
  frameworks/base/core/java/android/server/BluetoothAdapterStateMachine.java
but it was deleted with the change "Delete various Bluetooth files for stack integration". (https://android.googlesource.com/platform/frameworks/base.git/+/313a2167098ce8498db3a50d70724f260e8169c0)
In the new 4.2 stack, what replaces this?

Specifically, I would like to make sure I can power on the Bluetooth chip (to send and receive HCI packets) but never actually "turn on Bluetooth" (not allow any Bluetooth RF/no scan), unless it has been explicitly turned on by someone else.

Cheers