Where are the android ndk samples?

Phil Dougherty
This (  https://developer.android.com/ndk/samples/sample_na#mac ) refers to a "samples" subdirectory under "the ndk installation root".

On windows, my installation root is C:\Users\{username}\AppData\Local\Android\Sdk\ndk-bundle (as installed by Android Studio), and there is no such directory.

This repository (  https://github.com/android/ndk ) seems... inexplicably empty? It's a bunch of readmes? Is there something going on here I don't understand?

What am I missing? Do I have the "ndk installation root" correct? Am I going crazy in missing that the ndk repository contains no meaningful content?

Re: Where are the android ndk samples?

Glenn Kasten
Thank you for reporting this documentation error.
The link "BROWSE NDK SAMPLES ON GITHUB" on page https://developer.android.com/ndk/samples
is correct. The other text is old, based on back when samples were part of NDK.
I'm making a note to fix the documentation now.

This (  <a href="https://developer.android.com/ndk/samples/sample_na#mac" target="_blank" rel="nofollow" onmousedown="this.href=&#39;https://developer.android.com/ndk/samples/sample_na#mac&#39;;return true;" onclick="this.href=&#39;https://developer.android.com/ndk/samples/sample_na#mac&#39;;return true;">https://developer.android.com/ndk/samples/sample_na#mac ) refers to a "samples" subdirectory under "the ndk installation root".

This repository (  <a href="https://github.com/android/ndk" target="_blank" rel="nofollow" onmousedown="this.href=&#39;https://www.google.com/url?q\x3dhttps%3A%2F%2Fgithub.com%2Fandroid%2Fndk\x26sa\x3dD\x26sntz\x3d1\x26usg\x3dAFQjCNHlMauUn04t645V7qXPT_G2n8Jdbg&#39;;return true;" onclick="this.href=&#39;https://www.google.com/url?q\x3dhttps%3A%2F%2Fgithub.com%2Fandroid%2Fndk\x26sa\x3dD\x26sntz\x3d1\x26usg\x3dAFQjCNHlMauUn04t645V7qXPT_G2n8Jdbg&#39;;return true;">https://github.com/android/ndk ) seems... inexplicably empty? It's a bunch of readmes? Is there something going on here I don't understand?

What am I missing? Do I have the "ndk installation root" correct? Am I going crazy in missing that the ndk repository contains no meaningful content?

Re: Where are the android ndk samples?

Dan Albert
GitHub is our bug tracker and wiki. The code is in AOSP. If you need to the NDK source, follow the link at the bottom of the page:

If you want to work on the NDK itself rather than just use it, see the NDK team's internal documentation.

That will lead you to the README.md for our source repository. It also links to https://android.googlesource.com/platform/ndk/+/master/docs/Building.md, which shows how to sync the full source.

Thanks for pointing out the (very) stale docs. We'll get that updated :)