WiFi connectivity problem when no internet available.

WiFi connectivity problem when no internet available.

Nilesh Kulkarni
Hello,
I am unable to connect to the AP point which doesn't have internet connectivity when I try to connect to it programmatically. Its switching t the strongest network available automatically. This is because of the connectivity update in Oreo.
When I force the user to go to WiFi settings screen manually and select the AP network then its ability to sustain the connection.
I tried some hackish solution to set WiFi priority and connect, but its behavior is not consistent across other OEM. E.g on Nexus its working but on One Plus and LG its not.
Surprisingly, I found the same behavior on Moto G plus with OS Nougat (7.0)

Is there any way to disable this behavior and stay connected across all OEMs?
Thanks in advance.

Re: WiFi connectivity problem when no internet available.

Michael Crawford
FWIW, Mac OS X's Internet Connection Sharing refuses to work if the
connection being shared is dialup.  I requires high-speed service.

On a Macintosh: Apple Menu --> System Preferences --> Sharing

Check the Internet Sharing checkbox.

On the box I'm using right now I'm not using dialup, but I think if
you do have it, the option for dialup appears in the "Share Your
Connection From" pop-up menu.