hciconfig on android with bluetooth support

hciconfig on android with bluetooth support

Kevin Wilson
Hello,
I have a mini galaxy with android 2.3 which has a bluetoth support. I can scan from outside and
pair while the bluethooth is on. Now, I have root access on this device.
I had followed the instructions here:
And while the bluetooth is on, I tried to run hciconfig -a, both from the terminal and
from adb shell. In both cases I get nothing.

Any idea why ? in the example in that link we see that "hciconfig" finds the Bluetooth UART device.

Rgs,
Kevin

Re: hciconfig on android with bluetooth support

Pavan Savoy
Did you do that after you turned on the BT ?
May be you need to run hciattach & bluetoothd to turn BT on.
May be the device is not even running BlueZ. The best thing to do is to check init.<product>.rc for any BT related services.

On Thu, Dec 13, 2012 at 10:10 PM, Kevin Wilson <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello,
I have a mini galaxy with android 2.3 which has a bluetoth support. I can scan from outside and
pair while the bluethooth is on. Now, I have root access on this device.
I had followed the instructions here:
And while the bluetooth is on, I tried to run hciconfig -a, both from the terminal and
from adb shell. In both cases I get nothing.

Any idea why ? in the example in that link we see that "hciconfig" finds the Bluetooth UART device.

Rgs,
Kevin

--Pavan Savoy

Re: hciconfig on android with bluetooth support

Kevin Wilson
Hi,
BT is turned on.
I can see from a remote laptop with bt support, and I can see the android phone.
I have root access in the android device, and ps shows that bluettoth is running.
Strange!
Can somebody who has root access and has BT supported device check with If he has
entries under:
/sys/class/bluetooth/
(I do not have)

rgs,
Kevin

On Thu, Dec 13, 2012 at 10:10 PM, Kevin Wilson <<a href="javascript:" target="_blank" gdf-obfuscated-mailto="JQVOE8QLdMYJ">wke...@...> wrote:
Hello,
I have a mini galaxy with android 2.3 which has a bluetoth support. I can scan from outside and
pair while the bluethooth is on. Now, I have root access on this device.
I had followed the instructions here:
And while the bluetooth is on, I tried to run hciconfig -a, both from the terminal and
from adb shell. In both cases I get nothing.

Any idea why ? in the example in that link we see that "hciconfig" finds the Bluetooth UART device.

Rgs,
Kevin

--Pavan Savoy

Re: hciconfig on android with bluetooth support

Kevin Wilson
Hello,
Well, after googling and making some tries, I came across this post:

ls -al  /dev/ttyS1
gives me : No such file or directory

So I tried:

cat /init.rc | grep bluetooth | grep dev/tty
and got:
    chown bluetooth bluetooth /dev/ttyHS0

So I tried:
hciattach /dev/ttyHS0 any 3840 0 flow
It said:
Device setup complete

hconfig  returned:

hci0: Type: UART
BD Address: 00:00:00:00:00:00 ACL MTU: 0:0 SCO MTU: 0:0
DOWN
RX bytes:0 acl:0 sco:0 events:0 errors:0
TX bytes:0 acl:0 sco:0 commands:0 errors:0

And now there was an entry under /sys/class/bluetooth.

I wonder why the address is all zeroes (even that it is down). Should it be so ?

then
hciconfig hci0 up
And the phone get stuck. Recovery mode did not work. I had to take the battery out and insert it.

Any ideas?

What is the /dev/ttyHS0 for ? is it some generic Linux UART serial port?
Or some generic Android UART serial port?