how do i make a platform app device owner

how do i make a platform app device owner

Lavyansi
I have a system app that does the factory reset, wants to make the app as a device owner to give access to wipe data.
What changes do I need to make to AOSP to be able to use the feature

When I try to use wipeDate I get a security exception, I have a device_admin.xml with all the necessary changes but I think need to add some more changes in some framework make files

Re: how do i make a platform app device owner

Mushahid Gillani
device administrators no longer wipeData, need to make an app device owner to wipe data.
Explore platform/packages/apps/ManagedProvisioning as this app make application device owner from setup-wizard