how to add static libs to apex

bon ami
I have a static lib, whose Android.bp is like,
java_import {
    name: "a-V0.1-java",
    host_supported: true,
    installable: false,
    jars: ["a.jar"],
}

I can use it in modules other than this apex, since I have tried binaries, prebuilts, java_libs and no tags works for this lib. I wonder whether it is because lib a is on host, while an apex is for target, but in that case, why is there a native_shared_libs tag for apex? It would fit, IMO, if there is a native_static_libs tag.
     apex {
         name: "com.android.wifi",
         defaults: ["com.android.wifi-defaults"],
         manifest: "apex_manifest.json",
     }

other modules, which work, are like,
java_library {
 name: "framework-internal-utils",
 static_libs: [  a-V0.1-java

Thanks a lot

Re: how to add static libs to apex

bon ami
adding following line to the makefile of the lib works,
  apex_available: ["//apex_available:platform", "//apex_available:anyapex", ],