transcript GSM calls

Benjamin Lemoine
Hello,

A client asked me about having an android app to transcript its GSM calls. After some research im not sure about what is possible or not. My plan was to record the GSM Call (aka : all participant speeches) then send it to the Google Speech-to-text service.  But i don't even know if it is possible to access a GSM audio stream (MediaRecorder maybe?),  if yes how? would it be possible to use this in both cases, when calling and answering?

Do you have any suggestions to do this even in a different way please?

Best regards

Re: transcript GSM calls

Alias R. Cummins
This can definitely be done.

Have a look at Callsbox for the recording part.

Google translate have an Api you can access via webservices.

You might not need to dig down as far as the NDK level.