webkit libraries on Android and invoking a webview from a native C layer

webkit libraries on Android and invoking a webview from a native C layer

John Rusnak
Are there examples of how to use a compiled libwebkit under NDK to produce a WebView.  I got the point where I can compile something that tries to create a WebView object, but this apparently requires a prior call to WebKit::initialize which is initialized from a WebKitPlatformSupport object, but don't know how to create or get access to such a critter on Android.  I am using my own compiled versino of libwebkit.so.
Thanks for any help!

-John

Re: webkit libraries on Android and invoking a webview from a native C layer

YoGenDr@ $iNgH
its not libwebkit.so its libwebcore.so

On Wed, Jan 2, 2013 at 5:53 AM, John Rusnak <[hidden email]> wrote:
Are there examples of how to use a compiled libwebkit under NDK to produce a WebView.  I got the point where I can compile something that tries to create a WebView object, but this apparently requires a prior call to WebKit::initialize which is initialized from a WebKitPlatformSupport object, but don't know how to create or get access to such a critter on Android.  I am using my own compiled versino of libwebkit.so.
Thanks for any help!

-John

B-Tech,Computer Science and Engg.,
MNNIT,Allahabad - 2009

Re: webkit libraries on Android and invoking a webview from a native C layer

John Rusnak
Actually, I have compiled the full libwebkit, as i have no idea what
is in libwebcore and the Android version has no symbols for me to
know.  I compiled libwebkit.so from source for android (along with an
ungodly miriad of other libs) and can get it to load on android.
Just don't know how to bring up a WebView object.

On Jan 6, 7:36 pm, "YoGenDr@ $iNgH" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> its not libwebkit.so its libwebcore.so
>
> On Wed, Jan 2, 2013 at 5:53 AM, John Rusnak <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Are there examples of how to use a compiled libwebkit under NDK to produce
> > a WebView.  I got the point where I can compile something that tries to
> > create a WebView object, but this apparently requires a prior call to
> > WebKit::initialize which is initialized from a WebKitPlatformSupport
> > object, but don't know how to create or get access to such a critter on
> > Android.  I am using my own compiled versino of libwebkit.so.
> > Thanks for any help!
>
> > -John
>
> >  --

> B-Tech,Computer Science and Engg.,
> MNNIT,Allahabad - 2009

Re: webkit libraries on Android and invoking a webview from a native C layer

Anthony Prieur
You should not build Webkit along the OS as you would then be dependent upon specific versions of the libraries that are shipped with this OS version. You should use the Chromium project for that.