what product_variables means

Kiwon Song
Hi, I have a question about varibles on soong build system.

I can see that there lots of properties on Android.bp file.

where can I check what it means and
what product_variables means?

thank you in advance.

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/android-building/CAJL0CW66iaNhGOTB2mt%3D-Ff-zVN9gvrfMWjybioDkxkvsG5HUA%40mail.gmail.com.

Re: what product_variables means

Jingwen Chen
Hello Kiwon,

You can find the definition of the `product_variables` property here: https://cs.android.com/android/platform/superproject/+/master:build/soong/android/variable.go - these contain properties specific to product configuration that are potentially applicable across module types.

Every android.ModuleBase has a variablesProperties struct prop, and the property values in the struct are initialized by the `variables` mutator, which runs right after the os, image and arch mutators.

- Jin

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/android-building/CAMpM06AbpajQLop3Ujo57ncjHvVTPr1iXOBq3U-ZUMzSQWqPpg%40mail.gmail.com.